Introduction to Jenkins Workshop v1.0 Training in Singapore and India
Jenkins is an open source automation server written in Java. Jenkins helps to automate the nonhuman part of the software development process, with continuous integration and facilitating technical aspects of continuous delivery. It is a server-based system that runs in servlet containers such as Apache Tomcat. The participants will be able to learn comprehensively about Jenkins that provides many plugins to support building, deploying and automating any project. At the end of this course, one would be able to exhibit a good understanding on Jenkins as an extensible automation server and also that it can be used as a simple CI server or turned into the continuous delivery hub for any project.
- Understand the concepts of continuous inspection, continuous integration, and continuous deployment, and the difference between them.
- Create a multi-stage Jenkins job and visualize the complicated build pipeline with Jenkins build pipeline plugin.
- Implement an automated continuous integration pipeline to build, test, analyse and deploy a web-based application with Jenkins.
- Integrate continuous integration builds with other tools such as Java, GitHub, Maven and Tomcat in a more comprehensive software delivery strategy.
- Scale Jenkins workflow with Jenkins’ master and slave architecture, deploy and configure a multi-node Jenkins cluster in the cloud for labelled builds.
- Learn how to configure and extend Jenkins functionality with Jenkins plugins such as copy build artifacts plugins and deploy to container plugins, etc.
- Best practices of working with Jenkins in the field.
- Intermediate scripting knowledge and of basic testing frameworks like JUnit or TestNG.
- Knowledge of Maven/Ant is beneficial
- Some awareness of Server topologies and Release management is recommended
- 14 hours – 2 days
- Introduction to Jenkins and its purpose
- Introduction to Continuous Integration
- Installation of Java, Tomcat Setup and Jenkins
- Overview of Jenkins UI
- Create and Run your first Jenkin Job
- Introduction to Plugins and adding plugins to Jenkins
- Jenkins Pipeline & create to Jenkins pipeline
- Configure Jenkins to Work with Java, Git and Maven
- Create our First Maven-based Jenkins Project
- Source Control polling
- Send Email notification from Jenkins
- Jenkins CLI to build Jenkins job
- Jenkins master and slave
- Unit Testing
- Automation Testing
- Build Python App using PyInstaller.
- Question and Answer
Online - Live Instructor Led training
Due to Covid - we dont engage classroom training till situations are ok
Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help
This course is designed , developed and delivered by Cloud Enabled Pte Ltd